Public distribution system has been implemented in the state for the food security of the poor. The Director, Food and Civil Supplies Office under the State of Gujarat, Department of Food and Civil Supplies plays a vital role in making it functional. In order to manage the public distribution system, coordination is carried out with various agencies to monitor and supervise the regular supply of foodgrains and other commodities on a monthly basis through fair price shops. In addition, the demand and supply of goods are also controlled and monitored as per the Essential Commodities Act as well as the control orders under it.
Trucaller Feature Smart Messaging:
- Free Chat along with your friends and family on Truecaller
- Automatically identify every unknown SMS
- Automatically block spam and telemarketing SMS
- Block by name and number series
Trucaller Feature Powerful Dialer:
- The world’s best display can determine anyone occupation you
- Block spam and telemarketers
- See names of unknown numbers at intervals the choice history
- call Recording - Record important phone calls and save them to your phone
- Flash electronic messaging - Share location, emoji in a very flash to your friends
- Backup decision history, contacts, messages and settings to Google Drive
Distribution system of essential items
The Ministry of Food and Public Distribution Management of the Government of India allocates foodgrains and sugar on an annual / quarterly / monthly basis for public distribution. While the Ministry of Petroleum allocates kerosene on an annual / quarterly basis. At the beginning of the month, the quantity of essential items available at the state level is distributed in a district wise manner keeping in view the type of ration card holders, population as well as the standards of essential items available per card in the state. On the basis of which the district supply officers allocate for taluka (village) and urban taluka (zone). While Taluka Mamlatdars / Zonal Officers issue permits to fair price shops, kerosene retailers / hawkers on monthly basis for distribution of essential items to the card holders. Relevant fair price shopkeepers have to get the quantity mentioned in this permit from the godowns under Gujarat State Civil Supplies Corporation. While the Government of India's Oil Co. The quantity of kerosene permitted by the kerosene agents at Nimel and the district has to be arranged by the doorstep delivery at the fair price shop / kerosene retailer or hawker's place.